My fabulous (and fellow sorority Terp!) MCW tagged me in her posting today and I am playing along right now because....the internet is back up and working at my apartment! I never thought I would say this....but....thank you, Comcast. I was scared I was gonna have to read a book tonight. Or clean.
Okay, so the name of the game is listing 5 things I could not, should not, would not leave the house without.
1. My blackberry. I mean, that's a no brainer. Because if I was locked out or didn't have my wallet, I could deal if I could get in touch with people. Without keys, wallet AND blackberry. Total nightmare meltdown.
2. Hair tie. And usually also some bobby pins, a headband, spin pins...you name it. I need something on me to let me pull my hair back. Because chances are if my hair is down, it will be going up/back in about 15 minutes.
3. Curled lashes and groomed brows. I may not need a ton of makeup, but these two things are clutch. In case you are interested (and I am sure you are not) I am partial towards a Shu Umera curler and Maybelline Great Lash Big Lash. And for the ladies (and well groomed metrosexuals) who may be reading this, if you are not doing something to your brows, you are not looking your best. I'm not talking about waxing or threading or even plucking some strays on your own. I am talking about using an eyebrow pencil or powder to really define your brows, especially the arch. TRUST ME, this makes a HUGE difference. You will look more polished, more rested, like you have better skin...all of it, you will just look prettier. I promise you. I have been known to force my friends to sit down so I can fix their brows before we go out and they have seen first hand the difference it makes. I am currently in love with tarte Brow Mousse> And yes, if you click on that link it's gonna take you to QVC. Don't get me started on my love of The Q.
4. My contact lenses. I am just not a fan of glasses on me - although my new glasses are pretty darn cute.
But 95% of the time I am wearing my contacts -- and usually carrying a small bottle of drops or lens solution just in case I have any contact issues.
5. Lip balm. I know many people are die hards of a particular brand, but I am a bit of a lip balm floozy -- I bounce around between brands but ALWAYS have at least one (usually 2-3) on me. I became ridiculously happy recently when Smith's Rosebud Salve starting being offered in a tube, I think I bought 3 of them right away.
I am also a little hesitant to say that I am getting on board the Sugar Lip Treatment bandwagon. I tested it out the other night at Sephora because I know people LOVE the stuff but could it really be that good. And yes, yes it was.
The good news though is that I found a good deal on it at...QVC. You can make fun of me and my Q Love all you want, I don't care. If you aren't shopping for your beauty products on The Q, you don't know what you are missing!
Okay so now I get to tag five folks to tell us exactly what five things they can't leave the house without:
Mel at Chicago Girl Gone Mild
Joyce at It's Always Funny in Colum-Bubble
Amy at Just Add Walter
And Now a Brief Word From Our Sponsors...
Breville Smart Convection Oven
17 hours ago